WALLDORF — SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) today announced the appointment of Christian Klein to the SAP Executive Board effective Jan. 1, 2018.
Klein, who is chief operating officer (COO) of SAP, will retain his current role. In the new board area, Global Business Operations, he will continue to work enterprise-wide to build a high-performance IT organization as well as to achieve closer integration among all board areas. Global Business Operations will coordinate the internal activities at SAP that support the Run Simple program, drive simplification and modernization of core business processes and align them with SAP’s cloud and platform strategy.
SAP is setting the course for its digital transformation and transition to a cloud company. The goal is to create a stronger organization that makes faster decisions, shows internal agility and flexibility and is ready to face new challenges in the fast-changing technology industry.
“With Christian Klein, we have a proven expert for this major responsibility,” said Professor Hasso Plattner, chairman of the Supervisory Board of SAP SE. “He knows SAP very well. Despite his youth, he has the necessary background to make our organization and processes even faster, more efficient and ready for future challenges. His appointment is further evidence that SAP identifies young talent internally at an early stage and promotes them to management roles.”
Klein said, “I look forward to driving consistent, continual digital transformation at SAP. The experience we gain on this journey benefits us, but ultimately benefits all our customers, who are also transforming to stay competitive in a digital future.” Christian Klein, 37, has served as COO of SAP since April 1, 2016. His role included optimization of internal processes, development of an automated and integrated IT infrastructure and controlling. Klein joined SAP in 1999 as a student. He holds a diploma in international business administration from the University of Cooperative Education in Mannheim, Germany.
SAP Cloud Center
New SAP® Cloud Trust Center Delivers on Transparency, Security and Compliance in the Cloud
SAP NEWSBYTE — May 15, 2017 — SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) today announced the SAP® Cloud Trust Center site, a public web site that offers real-time information on the current operations of cloud solutions from SAP as well as the company’s approach to security and privacy. By making this information public, SAP aims to promote transparency and high delivery standards.
With this announcement, three cloud solutions1 will be visible, with more planned in the coming year. Visitors to the Web site will be able to see some of the planned maintenance schedules, four weeks of historical data, real-time availability, security and data privacy so that they can make the best decisions for their critical business processes. Customers will be able to go to SAP ONE Support Launchpad and to access their personalized view.
“In our ongoing conversations with cloud customers, the number one thing we heard was transparency. They crave access to real-time information on system availability and performance,” said Michael Kleinemeier, Member of the Executive Board of SAP SE, SAP Digital Business Services, SAP. “With the launch of SAP Cloud Trust Center, we are giving everyone – from customers to the public – exposure to key aspects of how we run our cloud environment to continue building their trust and confidence in our capabilities.”
In addition to live status updates for cloud services, SAP Cloud Trust Center features:
· A transparent view of how SAP delivers security, cybersecurity and data center security for cloud services
· Clear explanations on how SAP handles data privacy and how the company protects the rights of individuals
· Proof of compliance with international standards, including ISO and British standards and industry-specific and regional certificates; explanations of different service organization control reports and how they can be requested from SAP
· Easy-to-understand agreements that can serve as the building blocks for subscribing to the SAP Cloud portfolio; examples and relevant quick facts that make it easy for a current or prospective customer to understand the process
· Answers to common questions on trust-related cloud topics, such as security, data protection and privacy, and on compliance for the SAP Integrated Business Planning solution, the SAP Cloud Platform Integration service and SAP S/4HANA® Cloud software
Go to MENA News Room